On 2/16/22 13:52, Paul de Weerd wrote:
On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 12:34:28PM +0100, Kacper Wilgus wrote:
| Can someone please explain to me how is it possible to have negative
| available space? Wouldn't it be impossible to able to take up 105% of
| your disk capacity, and how is it that df(1) reports such when it also
| reports 985M of 986M used?

Read up on filesystems, specifically the FFS as used in BSD.  There
are some very good papers out there.  Also, read the manpages of
tunefs(8) and newfs(8) for info: http://man.openbsd.org/tunefs#m
and http://man.openbsd.org/newfs#m specifically will be enlightening.

Cheers,

Paul

Thank you Paul,
I have been looking for FFS info and I am waiting for the updated Absolute OpenBSD from
Michel W Lucas.

I am old enough to enjoy reading to learn.
I will download and study these.

I managed to find the self-created problem by combining suggestions  from :*
*Stuart Henderson, Lukasz Moskala, Raimo Niskanen, Jan Stary and resurrecting two brain cells.

I found the file created by my typo while using using dd in /dev!

Now :
puffy7# df -h
Filesystem     Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/sd0a      986M    114M    822M    12%    /

Thank you to Everyone for your patience and persistance.*
*
*
*
*