On 2022-02-18, kasak <ka...@kasakoff.net> wrote:
> Hello misc! I have mailed this message at m...@opensmtpd.org at first,
> but nobody answered, maybe someone help here?
>
> I have a question about opensmtpd and rspamd.
> I'm using opensmtp and rspamd as a relay server with spam checking.
> The spam check is done with help of opensmtpd-filter-rspamd.
> The os is OpenBSD 7.0
>
> I have noticed, that all DSN messages coming to or from internal mail
> server, are marked as spam, because rspamd adds BROKEN HEADERS for
> this messages.
> First of all, I tried to research this issue but with no luck, i've
> created this issue on rspamd github repo
> https://github.com/rspamd/rspamd/issues/3983
> And we found that messages with "broken headers" have empty "mail
> from" header, where rspamd expect it as "<>"
>
> The patch to workaround this was added to rspamd side.
> But, is this correct behavior of "mail from" header? Maybe the header
> should have "<>" in it?

If I understand correctly this relates to the protocol used when
feeding the message to rspamd, i.e. the part which is handled only by
opensmtpd-filter-rspamd and rspamd, rather than something in SMTP.

https://rspamd.com/doc/architecture/protocol.html#http-headers just
says "Defines SMTP mail from command data" and isn't clear whether the
angle brackets </> should be included. So I would say that it's
under-specified in rspamd docs. In that case I would think "correct
behaviour" is whatever rspamd expects..