On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 01:30:27PM -0600, fix...@gmail.com said:
> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 13:30:27 -0600
> From: fix...@gmail.com
> To: misc@openbsd.org
> Subject: Re: IPSec fails with NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN when connecting from
>  recent MacOS/iOS clients
>
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 11:43 AM I wrote:
> > I recently started seeing some ipsec clients fail on newer versions of
> > MacOS and iOS. After MacOS 12.1, connecting to my head end now fails
> > with NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN using mod1024 in my ipsec.conf. I've also

How are you setting the proposals on the MacOS end?  Your first instance I
think you figured out that you had not specified PSK and so you had a mismatch
there.  In the second case you didn't supply the iked(8) debugging information
so I'm not sure what is happening.  I am also not sure why you have two stanzas
in ipsec.conf(5) (much less why you are allowing md5/3des).  You should
probably run iked(8) with debugging cranked up and see what it says, I've found
it to always tell me why it is unhappy.

I have tunnels between OpenBSD 7.0, iOS/iPadOS 15.3.1, and MacOS 10.15.7.

--Matt

--
Matthew Ernisse
m...@going-flying.com