On 2022-03-12, Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 02:41:05PM -0600, rea...@catastrophe.net wrote:
>> >If not, consider hunting down a mini PCIe iwm(4) 7260 card, or an
>> >M.2 AX200 iwx(4) card with an adapter from M.2 to mini PCIe.
>> >Both would need compatible pigtails and antennas as well.
>>
>> Thanks, I'll get a 7260. Do the half mini cards have any problems vs.
>> the full PCI-e cards?
>
> You'll just need a screw-on bracket to convert it to full size and
> then it should fit into the slot just fine.

Note that miniPCIE use U.FL (IPEX), M.2 (NGFF) cards use MHF4 (IPEX4)
connectors. They look quite similar in size (especially if you don't
have both types to compare) so make sure you use the right pigtail for
the card - trying to use the wrong one will damage at least the
connector on the pigtail if not also the card.