On 2022-04-17, David Anthony <d...@silentsystems.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to send Nginx access logs to syslog. I've tried examples in
> the default nginx configuration file and man page to no avail. Can
> anyone help identify why I'm not seeing access logs?

It runs in /var/www chroot, and uses its own code to write to the
/dev/log unix socket (rather than using the OS syslog functions
which don't require the socket as there is a different interface
with the kernel).)

So you need to set syslogd to create a socket in the chroot:

rcctl set syslogd flags -a /var/www/dev/log