Hello,

I have a lenovo thinkcentre machine connected to 24” LG screen (with 4k
resolution), the installer boots fine using UEFI but it looks like efifb takes
a strange “squared” resolution where bottom part of the console is below the
screen so I’m unable to see what I type. I’ve taken a picture of what’s seen:

http://markand.fr/static/openbsd-resolution.jpeg

I have tried disabling inteldrm using UKC as I’ve seen on some websites with
somewhat similar problem but with no effect. I’ve also noticed there is no
wscons(cfg|ctl) utilities in the installer so I was unable to blindly type
commands to alter the resolution either. Unfortunately, changing boot video
mode using `machine video …` does not change kernel resolution either.

My only solution for now would be to boot not using UEFI but that’s something
I’d like to avoid if possible.

Do you have any idea why an incorrect resolution is picked up by the kernel?
I’m using install71.img on USB stick FYI.

--
David