I looked very closely, it started like this

  "Just a rant"

And I knew the email was coming from a self-centered individual who is
unhappy with the entirely volunteer work done by others, yet not unhappy
enough to quit OpenBSD and switch to another operating sytem where
there will be similar unhappiness because those other systems also won't
do precisely what you want.

Your email is not appropriate.  If you don't like OpenBSD, use something
else, because noone deserves an email which starts with those 3 words
you chose, and the following complaint is such horseshit in a world
where disk drives are cheap.  I started OpenBSD a quarter of a century
ago by spending $3500 for a 300MB drive and ate noodles and tuna for
many months to make up for that, and we do not live in a world where you
get to moan about 55MB, relative to whatever it takes to ease the complicate
work undertaken by the ports developers.

In short, Steffen, you need to shut up.