Hello guys,
It is not related to OpenBSD. Since I started my admin "career" with OpenBGPD and OpenBSD, I just need some thoughts and advises from anyone more experienced.

The situation is as follows:
I have 2 border routers in main location. All Upstreams,IX-es and clients have eBGP sessions. Clients are mostly small regional ISPs. We carry customers traffic from main location to their region over L2 vlans. On all regional POPs, I have L3 switches (Brocade ICX6650).

The idea I have is to make eBGP session with regional ISPs on their local POP switch and distribute their prefixes to other ISPs connected there. To make some kind of Internet Exchange on regional level or even national level for our customers.

As far as I know, all routers (BGP running switches) in a single AS, should be connected via iBGP (If I am not mistaken, it is called full mesh). But, on main routers, I have number of full feeds that regional switches are not capable to handle.

Do you think it could be done somehow without iBGP full mesh or it is stupid idea by design?

Thanks for any help,
Ivo