On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 12:14:20AM +0200, Tobias Fiebig wrote:
> Heho,
> If the machine just hardlocks (no panic), and the memory seems fine
> (did you run memtest?), and there are no blown elcos on the
> motherboard, my first guess would be testing another PSU; The
> pattern sounds familiar.
>
> Also, the voltages do not necessarily look overly healthy... but
> that might just be a fluke.
[...]
> Could you help me please ? Thank you very much !
>
> Nicolas, Paris.

[...]
> hw.sensors.it0.volt0=4.08 VDC (VCORE_A)
> hw.sensors.it0.volt1=4.08 VDC (VCORE_B)
> hw.sensors.it0.volt2=4.08 VDC (+3.3V)
> hw.sensors.it0.volt3=6.85 VDC (+5V)
> hw.sensors.it0.volt4=16.32 VDC (+12V)
> hw.sensors.it0.volt5=4.01 VDC (-12V)
> hw.sensors.it0.volt6=4.05 VDC (-5V)
> hw.sensors.it0.volt7=6.85 VDC (+5VSB)
> hw.sensors.it0.volt8=4.08 VDC (VBAT)

What Tobias wrote - voltages look way too much off. Onboard sensors
are not always trusty, so I would go with real voltmeter. If you do
not feel comfortable with electrical stuff, ask somebody for help.

I would:

1. turn computer off, open the case
2. find molex connector

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molex_connector#Disk_drive

3. pull it out of the case so I could reach it without touching
insides of the case

4. turn computer on and start memtest

5. put black probe of voltmeter into black hole of molex
6. put red probe into another hole of molex (yellow or red) and see
what voltages it measures

Do not touch or move any cables beyound molex while the hw is powered
on. This means if you move molex cable, it should not push on other
cables - because some cables are very touchy touchy, like hdd data
connectors.

>From what I recall, PSU voltages are good when within +- 5% of what
they should be. Yours look bad, because ~30% too big.

Bear in mind, I am not electrical engineer. If you do not own
voltmeter, this probably means you should ask for help of someone who
does.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola