> With your email now however the original question remains: Does OpenBSD
> actually support hardware accelerated video decoding today?

General answer: NO.

A more detailed answer is like this: there is a talk on the list about
libvaapi (if i recall correctly) implementation for intel only. It was
suggested, I am not sure if landed into the ports.
Hardware video decoding must be done thru some libs, I think they are
vaapi and vdpau for the moment. Then the used software (vlc, mpv,
chromium, firefox) must be compiled with support for one of these, or
both maybe.

Both ways are praised and hated on the internet, depending of what you
read. As always, there is much marketing involved.

Anyone is welcome to correct some possible mistakes, I am not a video
hardware expert.