Hi

my phsical environment are 4 boxes

2 are juniper srx they do the core routing in the back.

2 openbsd boxes  , on is my main firewall the other one is for the opposite side.

both connetcted to an l2 switch .

obsd1 em0 connect to srx1

obsd1 em1 connect to srx2

obsd2 em0 connect to srx1

obsd2 em1 connect to srx2

srx1 connect to srx2

on my obsd1 box are the em0 and the em1 interface located in a vrf 20

also the ldpd , opsfd , the mpw0 if and the bgpd

the bridge for the mpw0 ist in rdomain 0

an default gw interface vether20 for rdomain 20

rdomain 20
inet 172.16.99.1/32
-inet6
!/sbin/route -n -T 20 add default 172.16.99.1
up

/etc 32>cat hostname.em0
rdomain 20
-inet6
mtu 1574
mpls
inet 172.16.12.2/30
up

/etc 33>cat hostname.em1
rdomain 20
-inet6
mtu 1574
mpls
inet 172.16.13.6/30
up

/etc 34>cat hostname.bridge100
add mpw0
add vlan100
up

/etc 35>cat hostname.mpw0
tunneldomain 20
up

the is also an vxlan to connect 2 vlans ( at this veb are also connected an vm )

/etc 36>cat hostname.vxlan120
rdomain 60
tunneldomain 20
tunnelttl 5
tunnel 172.16.2.251 172.16.2.252 vnetid 120
up

for the rdomain 20 i have an anchor at the first position of my pf.conf.

/etc 39>cat fw/backbone.cf
#pass out quick on vether20 inet from any to 224.0.0.0/24 no state

anchor dns {
pass in quick on { em0,em1 } inet proto udp from any to any port 53 rtable 0 \
        rdr-to 127.0.0.1 port 9953 \
        keep state ( udp.first 30, udp.single 15, udp.multiple 30 )

}
anchor ntp {
pass in quick on { em0,em1} inet proto udp from any to any port 123 rtable 0 \
        rdr-to 127.0.0.1 port 123 \
        keep state ( udp.first 30, udp.single 15, udp.multiple 30 )
}

pass out quick on vether20 inet from <backbone> to <local-networks> rtable 0 nat-to (lan) pass out quick on vether20 inet from <backbone> to ! <local-networks> rtable 40 nat-to (pppoe0)

#pass quick on { em0 , em1 } mpls
pass quick on { em0 , em1 , lo1 } no state

the opposite side of obsd1 , obsd2 have the same configuration but without the rdomain 20

so it means , all daemons are running at rdom 0

from routing perspectiv everthing work if the em0 , em1 interface at the obsd1 box , are in set skip on rule at

pf.conf

this works also after an reboot.

if i remove the interfaces em0 , em1 from set skip to

the mpls ( mpw0 ) are not coming up obsd2 can't discover obsd1

put i the interface back to "set skip on" to everthing are coming up.

if i remove the interface from skip to , without booting and the mpls was up

then i see that my rules are matching , and the l2vpn ( mpw0 ) are keep running / up.

i hope my explanation are not to ugly to understand.

holger