> On Aug 2, 2022, at 06:30, Nick Holland <n...@holland-consulting.net> wrote:
>
> On 7/29/22 7:29 AM, Nicolas wrote:
>
>> What's you opinion, could you help me with that message ?
>
> Well, I'm not really sure what is going on, but I'm guessing you
> have done something odd in the past that left the kernel rebuild
> process in a strange state.

Not suggesting this is the same problem, but this is exactly the problem I had
when I was compiling a kernel on another machine, and deploying it to several
other machines.  Maybe not exactly, but kernel relink failed spectacularly.

I hacked around with adding the newly compiled kernel modules to the relink
area, and got it to work. . . but then got busy with other stuff.  Then later
sysupgrade failed, and I had completely forgotten I was mucking about with it.

So my choices were:

* Actively maintain my own chain of commands for build and deployment of
kernels *AND UPGRADES* (since you can’t use sysupgrade)
* Stop being stupid and just use the release kernels, and use sysupgrade.

I forget why I was doing this, but I think it might have been to fiddle with
the blinky lights on an ALIX board.  I.e., it was just for fun, and it quickly
became unfun.

I haven’t completely stopped being stupid, but I have enough projects going on
that I don’t need to reengineer what the OpenBSD team has already done for me.

Sean