Hi everyone,

I recently installed and configured OpenBSD on a laptop – works great!

However, as a new user, I had trouble finding out about wscons(4),
and that I can use wsconsctl(8) for common laptop configuration
such as disabling the bell, setting the display brightness
and enabling touchpad tap-to-click.

Keep in mind it's entirely possible I missed something obvious.

afterboot(8) does not mention wsconsctl(8), only kbd(8).

FAQ mentions wsconsctl(8) in the context of keyboard config only,
making it unclear if one has to follow afterboot(8) or the FAQ
on how to set the keyboard encoding, and omitting that wsconsctl(8)
can also set display and mouse configuration.

>From my point of view, new users would benefit from
having afterboot(8) mentioning that several aspects of
keyboard, display and mouse configuration can be configured
with wsconsctl(8).

Happy to provide a patch if you think it makes sense.

Regards,
Michaël