On 2022-09-15, rsyk...@disroot.org <rsyk...@disroot.org> wrote:
> is there any tool that would help me to see hierarchical dependencies
> of (shared) libraries on OpenBSD?

How about....lddtree?

Port of the rust version at https://junkpile.org/lddtree.tgz

> I have compiled a program and when I run it (or use ldd) it shows
> that it depends on, eg, several versions of libX11 (which it should
> not, as far as I understand). I would like to understand what brings
> in the various versions.

Most likely your binary links against an outdated library that has an
inter-library dep on an old version of an X library, and also link
directly against a newer version. pkg_add -u might fix it, but you
also might need to rebuild if the first library was version-bumped.