On 2022-12-11, void <v...@f-m.fm> wrote:
> Hello misc@
>
> I get the following error when trying to install go (for mips64/octeon):
>
> # pkg_add go
> quirks-6.42 signed on 2022-10-08T21:12:07Z
> Ustar
> [http://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/7.2/packages/mips64/go-1.19.1p0.tgz][go/pkg/openbsd_mips64/cmd/compile/internal/reflectdata.a]:
> Premature end of archive
> Adjusting sha for
> /usr/local/go/pkg/openbsd_mips64/cmd/compile/internal/reflectdata.a from
> /dvcLn8+FQ5qji2A6mxyIWODWY35KxCB9u4isEHanf0= to
> 47DEQpj8HBSa+/TImW+5JCeuQeRkm5NMpJWZG3hSuFU=
> pkg_add: Installation of go-1.19.1p0 failed, partial installation
> recorded as partial-go-1.19.1p0
>
> Changing /etc/installurl makes no difference. In addition to the above
> CDN, I have tried
> www.mirrorservice.org
> mirrors.gethosted.online
> mirror.laylo.io
>
> same result.
>
> How can I get around this problem? I'd like to avoid compiling on the
> device itself because it has limited resources for that type of thing.
> It is only this pkg with this problem. There are no connectivity issues.

This *shouldn't* break like this, but it's possible that if writing to
the filesystem is very slow you have a timeout fetching the file. (The go
package has a *lot* of small files and with the default mount options,
creating a lot of new files on slow storage can take a very long time).

It might help to mount the filesystem holding /usr/local with the softdep
flag.

Or you maybe able to workaround by downloading the package and installing
it from local atorage rather than over the network.