On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 01:51:26PM +0100, Bodie wrote:
> On Fri Dec 23, 2022 at 12:47 PM CET, Robert Alessi wrote:
> >
> > I can't connect to my BigBlueButton instance from firefox-esr.  More
> > precisely, I only get a solid dark blue screen right after I join my
> > own room.
>
> They say on that page that latest versions are supported, they do not
> say anything about ESR

I forgot to mention that I also tried with the latest firefox.

> > As I got the exact same results with Ididium, I first suspected this
> > might be related to pledge/unveil.  So I followed the intructions
> > provided in pkg-readmes/firefox-esr to disable temporarily pledge and
> > unveil support.  As this attempt was unsuccessful, I immediately
> > reverted to the default settings.
> >
> > I also tried to disable the firewall.
>
> Works for me on current with qutebrowser without disabling fw and others

Excellent news, thank you!  I just tried at it worked.  However, I
couldn't share my webcam: BBB couldn't access it and asked me to make
sure that another program is not using it.  Did you experience the
same on your side?

I will try to investigate further about this and report back what I
find.