On 23/01/2023 19:00, Steve Fairhead wrote:
On 22/01/2023 21:06, Steve Fairhead wrote:
After a lot of analysis, I found that all user folders (and all other folders/partitions) were near-enough identical on both machines, except for one - my boss's 😉 . After more analysis, I found that it was his Maildir (using dovecot) that was weird:

   - Old machine: 49 GB
   - New machine: 188 GB

Jan Stary solved it by asking "Have you tried -H to preserve hardlinks?". And no, I hadn't. Wasn't expecting any in a Maildir. I've learned something 😉 - wahay!

One more detail for the record: I've just learned that my boss uses a Mac to deal with mail - everyone else uses Windoze. May be significant, although I would have thought that Dovecot dealt with the actual storage... <shrug>

Steve

          Steve Fairhead
 email: st...@fivetrees.com
   www: http://www.fivetrees.com