On 2023-01-27, Rodrigo Readi <hru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, I am using Wifi with weak signal. Perhaps this plays a role?

If you have packet loss then possibly, yes. Unbound caches information
about hosts that it contacts ("infra-cache") and I'm not sure but this
might possibly temporarily stop it from contacting servers that have
been non-responsive.

Ideally you'd want to run a recursive DNS server on a machine with a
good reliable internet connection, if you don't have that then you
might be better off using a forwarder (possibly via a TCP or TLS
connection if packet loss is particularly bad).

If you hit it again, "unbound-control lookup" for a hostname that's
failing to resolve might give some clues.