On Sat, Feb 04, 2023 at 04:40:42PM +1100, Darren Tucker wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 at 22:40, Crystal Kolipe <kolip...@exoticsilicon.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 03, 2023 at 10:33:16PM +1100, Darren Tucker wrote:
> > > Fast ethernet (100base-T) uses pins 1, 2, 3 & 6
> [...]
> > But the output from ifconfig does suggest that the link was running with
> > 1000baseT modulation:
> >
> > > media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT full-duplex,rxpause,txpause)
>
> Good point!  Dunno then.

Although thinking more about this, given that we've eliminated the TCP window
scaling issue now that we know that pf.conf hasn't been changed from the
default,
I'm wondering if the link was only running at 1000baseT when no data was being
transferred, I.E. when the line was at rest, but when there was data being
transferred it was dropping to 100baseT.