On 23/02/06 09:35, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:
> Hello!
>
> tl;dr: I would like to suggest adding a line about the virtues of UUID to the
> FAQ14. Something along the lines of "Remember to set up the UUID in your
> /etc/fstab afterwards." or something.

It does outline this problem here.
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#DUID

OpenBSD creates an fstab(5) using DUIDs during installation if I'm not mistaken.
So in order for this to happen, a user would likely open /etc/fstab in an editor
and see those entries post-install, and then after they notice them they would
have to ignore whatever doubts cropped up and add in a /dev/* entry anyway.