On Thu, Feb 09, 2023 at 11:41:55AM +0530, Sandeep Gupta wrote:
> Not a problem. I am glad  that you looked into it.
>
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 7:48 AM <carsten.re...@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> > sorry, for having you replied directly. I set up this system today, I
> > still have some twerks.

Can you check the uid and gid of the user on the client and the server ?

The uid and/or gid must be the same on both systems as NFS works with the
numerical IDs (uid/gid.)

This won't work:

Server:

bambi$ doas useradd -m -u 10000 -g 10000 test
bambi$ doas mkdir /exports/test3
bambi$ doas chown test:test /exports/test3

Client:
creith@molloy:~$ sudo useradd -m -u 10001 -g 10001 test
creith@molloy:~$ sudo su - test
test@molloy:~$ touch /mnt/test3/hallo
touch: '/mnt/test3/hallo' kann nicht ber??hrt werden: Keine Berechtigung

Sorry for the German, it means: Permission denied.

:wq
Carsten