On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 10:28:57AM +0100, Gábor LENCSE wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> > I downscaled from 8 to 4 vCPUs and from 8 to 4 gig RAM - and the two obsd
> > now seems to hold the packages decently.
>
> As for performance optimization, I think the direction is good, and perhaps
> you could go even further if you have a load balancing device that can
> distribute the traffic among the multiple VMs.

Not sure why reducing the memory should help. Also reducing the number of
virtual CPUs has probably little effect as well. The main point in reducing
the number of cores and disabling threads is to give modern CPUs more
thermal/power headroom to run the fewer CPUs at a higher clockspeed.
I doubt you get the same effect on vCPUs.

> In OpenBSD, the packet forwarding happens single threaded, so the
> performance of your system does not benefit much from the 4 cores.

That is not quite correct anymore.

--
:wq Claudio