> On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 10:02:16PM +0000, Rodrigo Readi wrote:
>> But the main problem remains: with s-nail and mutt you have to
>> download all attachments
>> even if you only want to read the text.
>
> Out of interest, why is this an issue in your specific use case?

Yes, bandwidth and speed play a big role.
Yes, I could download all emails with fetchmail or mbsync.
Yes, I could use an Email server, and I have one running, with
sendmail and cyrusimap.

But my mail does not go through my server, but through 3 party providers.
And I want to use IMAP for what it is on my Desktops, and IMAP is not POP3.

I first see the headers, then I decide for what mail I want to read
the text, and then
for that mail what attachements. I can see the emails on the server with any
Desktop computer anywhere. For that is IMAP.

The OP wanted a simple solution, and the answers are getting too complicated.