On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 09:36:10AM +0000, Johannes Thyssen Tishman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I reply to an email I do so above the senders message, however I
> see many people in the mailing lists replying below it. Is this the
> preferred way or just preference? Thanks.
>
> Kind regards,
> Johannes

For OpenBSD's mailing lists, the netiquette rules are clearly presented
here https://www.openbsd.org/mail.html.

Another unwritten rule (and not exclusive to these lists, I'd say) is
that if someone replies off-list you *don't* reply back through the list
(i.e.  you don't "pull" the reply back in to the list), at least not
without asking first.  There's probably a reason for someone not wanting
their reply made public (otherwise they wouldn't have gone off-list) and
it's rude to publish a private exchange.

Cheers
Zé