On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 04:17:26PM +0200, Martin Schröder wrote:
> > I'd like to create a "bridge" between two IP networks which will pass
> > only multicast info. / traffic.
>
> So it should only route FF00::/8?

I'm not exactly sure of the siginificance of that address range, but in
the current configuration/version the networks are both IPv4 with a /24
netmask. There's no intent to use IPv6 at the moment.

Actually, by way of clarification, in this system the two networks to be
bridged/connected are essentially the same:

    Both networks are based on the same model of switch
    Both have idential set of devices
    Both use the same IP addresses

The goal is to create a single "multicast domain" between the networks
i.e. to allow multicast communication betweeen applications running in
each of the networks ...

Does that make sense?

As I mentioned, grateful for any advice!

Cheers,
Robb.