On 2023-04-18, S V <ner...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, misc@!
>
> I'm using ARM64/current and see that my audio chip got detected by simpleaudio
> but OpenBSD can't attach audio to it
>
> Any suggestions on there to start reading? I'm not developer,
> but I tried to read different match/attach functions
> in simpleaudio.c/audio.c with no result for now.

Fortunately you don't need to be a programmer to add some code that
will help you figure out more about what's going on.

Try adding printf()s to simpleaudio_attach_deferred() to check if that
function is called and, if so, see how far it gets.

I guess it might hit one of the "return"s before actually attaching, so
for example you could add printf before+after the various return
statements to see if they were triggered.

While you can just printf some text that you write to identify them,
you can save a bit of time by sprinkling some of these which use the
C features to include the function name/line number:

  printf("... %s line %d\n", __func__, __LINE__);