On Fri, Jun 02, 2023 at 11:32:31AM -0700, Courtney wrote:
> It seems when I make any changes to sndiod, the output remains
> the same. I played with -z, -b, -e, -r. Here's the audioctl output.
> Note, the device changed to aucioctl2 but it is still the same
> device in question.
>
> audioctl -f /dev/audioctl2
> name=uaudio1
> mode=play
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the device is playing, but according to dmesg from your other mail:

uaudio0: class v1, high-speed, sync, channels: 0 play, 1 rec, 2 ctls
audio1 at uaudio0

the failing device is record-only. Could verify this. The string after
"name=" in the audioctl output corresponds to the device name in
dmesg.

> pause=0
> active=1
> nblks=16
> blksz=480
> rate=48000
> encoding=s16le
> play.channels=2
> play.bytes=1820160
> play.errors=0
> record.channels=2
> record.bytes=0
> record.errors=0
>
> I guess the next part then will be to learn to compile the kernel
> with UAUDIO_DEBUG. I suspect you were looking for play or record
> errors in this output.

See "Building a Custom Kernel" section in:

https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html

You only need to add:

        option UAUDIO_DEBUG

to the config file (the copy of GENERIC.MP).