Hello list,

I have managed to screw by
#fsck_ffs /dev/sd1a

the root partition of my unmounted HDD (OpenBSD 7.3 stable, possibly not
fully updated). It crashed during boot due to the power outage, than it was
unable to boot and required fsck_ffs, and I answered 'F' to the 'Fyn'
prompt.

Here is the present status of it (it is sd0 in this sequence).
===
Script started on Sat Jun 17 12:26:43 2023
think# disklabel sd0

# /dev/rsd0c:
type: SCSI
disk: SCSI disk
label: HGST HTS725050A7
duid: 35e70751b7e36f98
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 255
sectors/cylinder: 16065
cylinders: 60801
total sectors: 976773168
boundstart: 64
boundend: 976768065
drivedata: 0

16 partitions:
#                size           offset  fstype [fsize bsize   cpg]
  a:        976768001               64    RAID
  c:        976773168                0  unused
think# ^D

Script done on Sat Jun 17 12:26:54 2023
===

It was created as per the instructions here
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#softraidFDE possibly during 6.9, or
7.0.

Naturally, there is data there, and naturally, I have no backup of it. Of
course I do know the passphrase, it is my hdd.

If there is any chance to recover it, please let me know.

Regards,

a seasoned noob user

Soko Tica