On Mon, Jul 3, 2023 at 7:42 AM Mark <markbsdmail2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm getting (I think once per day) "dhcpleased[59824]: sendto: Permission
> denied" error message in my daemon and messages log files.
>
> I think that's happening due to my PF configuration.
>
> This is a VPS, getting it's IP from my server provider, through autoconf
> setting. So I assume it's a DHCP access issue?
>
> I tried to add:
> pass log quick on $ext_if proto udp from any to any port = 67
> in my pf.conf file, didn't help.
>
> Any clue on this please?
> Best.
> OS: OpenBSD 7.3

Hello,

I would log the block rules and check the pledge related log if any (
in dmesg ? ).
Maybe the configuration received tries to do something unexpected.

checking pflogd or tcpdump ing pflog will be helpful.
Before adding a dubious pass log.

Best.

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do