Hi,

Thomas Vetere wrote:
Yep, Claudio is correct. I have an old 600e and this is an official
statement from IBM support page long ago:

*"The ThinkPad 600E is ACPI ready. ACPI is not installed, but the system
hardware supports ACPI. While ACPI shows a great deal of promise for the
future, numerous problems affect the operation of ACPI on ThinkPad and
other notebook systems. Therefore, the system comes with Windows 98 running
in APM mode."*

So while it might

correct, old ThinkPads - wonderful keyboards... wonderful chassis :) Never matched.

However indeed - ACPI is a hit and miss... there were BIOS upgrades to install (you have to fiddle with floppies or old CD ISOs to install them... DOS and dark ages). which help a lot. I have tried on my 600 various linux, NetBSD and OpenBSD... some supported it, some not, disabling it by known bugs. Basic ACPI can work (sleep and such) other stuff is not useful anyway, processor fans were independent.

Riccardo