On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 05:54:55PM +0530, SOUBHEEK NATH said:

2. Please have a look at the configuration I have implemented.

    pass in quick on wg0 proto tcp from 10.0.8.3/32 to any port {22 80}
    block in on wg0 proto tcp from any to any port {22 80}
    block in quick on bwfm0 proto tcp from any to any port {22 80}

[ snip ]

  I. I use the word "quick" in the first line to prevent the "block"
  rules in the second line from taking precedence over it.

In general I prefer in my pf ruleset to block first and then explicitly allow things through. I find this causes far less mistakes. The very first rule in my ruleset is:

``block log all label "Default block"''

I try to avoid ``quick'' rules unless there is a really good reason to use them. They can introduce some unintended side-effects if you aren't careful and if you find yourself using many of them you probably should re-think your rules. For example, directly after the default block I also block bogon IP addresse from my WAN interface and I do it with quick so I don't accidentally unblock them later:

``block drop in quick log on egress inet from <ipv4-bogons> to any''

(I have a table populated with bogon addresses)

You may wish to review the PF handbook, the filter section seems a good place to start.

https://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/filter.html

--
Please direct replies to the list.