Il 26/09/23 17:30, Claudio Jeker ha scritto:
On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 05:13:46PM +0200, Andreas Kähäri wrote:
On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 04:59:22PM +0200, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
Hi list,
running this python3 script:

#!/usr/bin/env python3
import psutil

pids = psutil.pids()
for i in pids:
     p = psutil.Process(i)
     with p.oneshot():
         print(str(i) + " " + p.name())

The result start with:

0 swapper
1 init
536 smtpd
868 ksh

This process does not appear in ps, top and htop.

$ ps -p 0
   PID TT  STAT        TIME COMMAND
       0 ??  DK       0:02.19 (swapper)

For top, you need to press S to show system processes.  I don't use
htop, but I assume it has a similar capability to show system processes.

How could be that there is a process with PID 0 before init?
Probably I'm missing something about OpenBSD core.

See uvm_init(9):

          The swapper process swaps in runnable processes that are
          currently swapped out, if there is room.

... and this is a lie. The swapper process does nothing.

Ok, but why it is running?