On 2023/10/14 17:58, Manuel Kuklinski wrote:
> Am Samstag 14 Oktober 2023 um 15:40:19 -0000, schrieb Stuart Henderson 1,0K:
> > Is it any better if you do
> >
> > daemon="/usr/local/bin/node"
> > daemon_flags="/usr/local/bin/homebridge -T -Q -U /var/homebridge"
> >
> > or does that not work at all anyway? (I don't know homebridge)
>
> Hi!
>
> Thank you for the input, but unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem.
>
> For now I'm going to use the workaround Renato suggested, but I'd be
> happy about a proper solution :-( Unfortunately I don't know what causes
> this issue with homebridge / nodejs and have no clue where to start
> searching...

I have definitely seen oddities with node and rc.d not working from
pkg_scripts but it's always been on Dells which take about 10 minutes to
boot and I've not been patient enough to track it down (and for whatever
reason, the main one I had an issue with was the express-app one which
works for me now anyway)...

If you want to investigate I suggest dumping the environmwnt to a file
(maybe in rc_pre is enough, or maybe run the daemon via a wrapper script
which dumps it) and compare for differences between when it's started at
boot vs started after boot.