Hello Judah,

> Silly question perhaps but are you trying to run this with the Allowed
> IPs commented out as shown in your example?

> If you remove the '#' from the front of that line does it work?

It does not hurt to ask.
The comment doesn't change a thing. With or without it you get that error
message, and the file gets ignored.
I left it like that because I found it even more striking to get a message
about an address when you have not even specified one.
In any case, the command line version shows the issue as well.

Now, knowing that it works for you, I'm thinking it may be a driver issue,
from an underlying network card, not a wireguard issue per se ?
My wg0.conf file contains several peers initially, i just kept the minimum
that works and does not work (it works if I remove all [Peer] sections)
I have:
> ix0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Intel X540T" rev 0x01, msix, 1 queue,
address (...)
and
> rgephy0 at re0 phy 7: RTL8169S/8110S/8211 PHY, rev. 5
> re0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Realtek 8168" rev 0x09: RTL8168F/8111F
(0x4800), msi, address (...)