I'm not sure your call is directed to me. But I take it like a compliment
if this stuff is inspirational for you too.

Indeed, cat miss an -o for line offset.

Putting my hands on OpenBSD development will require
a lot of time and effort, upgrade of my stick to current and dev tools,
C refresh with a nice C pointers welcome, passing by your coding style and
practices, and more..
I personally would like to have more fun on this Tiny Tools for now.

Meaning, go certainly ahead to enhance cat or any tool of OpenBSD we all like.

However, thanks for the answer and involvement.

-- Daniele Bonini