On 11/16/23 20:25, Odd Martin Baanrud wrote:
Hello,

I’m planning to upgrade my router from 7.3 to 7.4 using sysupgrade, but I’ve
one concern.
Some time ago, I upgraded a RPi4 from 7.2 to 7.3, and X got installed, even
though it wasn’t before the upgrade.
I thaught sysupgrade only upgraded the installed sets.

Nope.  Never did.  It always assumes a full, all file-set install.

How does it work on 7.3?

Same as it has om the past.  Full upgrade.

On my router, I have base, comp and man installed, and I don’t want the X sets
on that machine.

if you don't want X or any other file set, just do a manual upgrade
from the console.  It's that simple.  No one mandates the use of
sysupgrade, sysupgrade is just a very special case (though highly
useful) subset of potential ways to do an install

But, whatever your reason for wanting to keep some files off your
computer, it is probably flawed.  So I'd really suggest, just don't
worry about it, just do an upgrade, let it install everything, and
be done with it.  But if you don't like the way sysupgrade does
things, don't use that tool.

Nick.