On 11/16/23 18:12, Daniele B. wrote:

Just found out that in my system persist the following stuff:

in /etc/passwd:
user _nagios

I don't really think you want users deleted when you uninstall a
package.  Things may be invisibly (to the package manager) be
connected to that user.

in /var:
/nagios/
/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd      0 kb
/nagios/objects.cache   27.0 kb
/nagios/retention.dat   35.9kb

If I try to delete /var/nagios this is recreated probably at system
boot.

There is no cron job nor rc service present apparently for Nagios
Never, EVER say, "there is no ..." until you find the actual cause.
It just never goes well, and I say that as someone who has foolishly
made the claim, and as the person who laughed their *** off when it
became clear the claimer was failing to fix the problem because they
believed their own boast.
Any explanation for this happening and any help to clean away all
properly?

Obviously something is creating it.  The OpenBSD Startup process is
very straight forward, it really shouldn't be too hard to find.  A
"grep -R" of a few appropriate strings in the /etc directory would
probably find the culprit pretty easily.  You could also read and
understand rc(8) and find what is going on by following the startup
process.

Nick.