Hello,

I have two ISPs where one connection is primary and the other is low-bandwidth
for temporary failover only. ifstated handles the failover by simply changing
the default gateway. But under normal conditions I want to be able to connect
via either connection at any time without changing the default gateway.

A long time ago under the old pf syntax I had this in /etc/pf.conf which worked
fine, and as far as I can remember was the only thing needed to enable this
desired behavior:

pass in on $wan1_if reply-to ( $wan1_if $wan1_gw )
pass in on $wan2_if reply-to ( $wan2_if $wan2_gw )

But I’ve not been able to find the right way to do this under the new pf
syntax. From what I’ve been able to find this is supposedly does the same
thing, but no success so far:

pass in on $wan1_if reply-to ($wan1_if:peer)
pass in on $wan2_if reply-to ($wan2_if:peer)

What am I missing? Or this there a better way to do this?