Hi,
        Thanks for your replies. I have started a dd from the disk to a
volume mounted over nfs from an i386 box. My hope is that from there I
will eventually be able to sort out getting the data from it. Right now I
need to return the disk itself and the Alpha it came in back to where it
came from.
        Another approach I had been considering was booting the alpha from
an openbsd install disk for Alpha (if such a thing exists - I didnt
install the Alpha), mounting the hard drive from there, and getting the
data from it that way... assuming the machine can actually boot from the
cdrom. The OpenBSD CDs I have have i386, amd, sparc, etc... but not
alpha... Is there a place I can get a CD that has complete install
components for Alpha???

Larry