Hi Stuart,

Sorry for the slow response. I have created the file
/home/aretter/.xsession with the mode 755 and the owner and group
'aretter'. The file contains the single line:
x0vncserver -display :0 -PasswordFile ~/.vnc/passwd

I rebooted the system, logged in on the console as `aretter` and ran
`ps -A` unfortunately there is no `x0vncserver` running.

I grep'd for `x0nvserver` in the log files within /var/log and found nothing.
Any ideas, how can I figure out why this isn't working?

> This would run as your uid and with X environment variables intact so no
> faffing with XAUTHORITY needed.

Does this mean that I should see an XAUTHORITY environment variable
after I login on the console? If so, I don't see anything like that
reported by `env`.

Kind regards. Adam.