Hi,

from the systems point of view 'obsdfreqd' is just a service. Seeing it
being stopped on shutdown is expected and normal.

As for apmd, my system prints while booting:
starting local daemons: apmd cron.

While halting, no message of stopping local daemons is printed. Not
seeing that message seems to be expected behavior on your system.

Regarding crashes, have you tried renewing the heatsink compound on
your CPU? Have you checked the RAM?

--
greetings,

Florian Viehweger