On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 10:11 PM Brian Conway <bcon...@rcesoftware.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2024, at 6:37 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > Is there a disadvantage to having this layout style where everything is
> on
> > 1 partition?
>
> Beyond the plethora of responses you've already received, the Installation
> section of the FAQ covers this thoroughly:
>
> https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#Partitioning
>
> Brian Conway

Hello Brian,

With this response, I must now say I am glad I asked this question.
I have read the FAQ on partitioning and it explains it very well.
Thoroughly if you will.
That also led me to
https://man.openbsd.org/disklabel#AUTOMATIC_DISK_ALLOCATION - where the
sense behind the size calculations has been justified.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,