Greetings,

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:43:27 +0100,
m...@phosphorus.com.br wrote:

> Which setup are you using to automatically update certs with certbot, in
> cron, and keeping /etc/httpd.conf updated accordingly?

I use records in /etc/acme-client.conf like:

  authority letsencrypt {
      api url "https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/directory";
      account key "/etc/acme/letsencrypt-privkey.crt"
  }

  domain mx1.catap.net {
      alternative names { mx.catap.net }
      domain key "/etc/ssl/private/mx1.catap.net.key"
      domain full chain certificate "/etc/ssl/mx1.catap.net.crt"
      sign with letsencrypt
  }

which is very similar to an example with one notable exception: I use
path which complaint with relayd pki settings, and also keep full chain.

The certificates is updated on two possible way.

When a machine is dedicated for a single service and it has only one
certificate I keep inside /etc/daily.local

  acme-client $(hostname) && /usr/sbin/rcctl restart relayd smtpd dovecot

which restart relayed daemons when certificate is updated.

Or machine which is used as web hosting with multiple domain, here I use
relayd to terminate SSL and update is via /etc/daily.local as:

  SSL_UPDATED=0
  for domain in $(awk '/^domain/ { print $2 }' /etc/acme-client.conf)
  do
      acme-client $domain && SSL_UPDATED=1
  done

  if [ $SSL_UPDATED -ne 0 ]; then