On 3/9/24 17:07, Laura Smith wrote:
Hi

I've got a fresh install of 7.4 on a new box and am seeing a very weird problem.

If I enter "dmesg" I get a few lines of output and then it hangs and my ssh
connection gets dropped.  I ran syspatch, rebooted and the problem persists.

Example:

# dmesg
MX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,RDTSCP,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,TSC_ADJUST,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,CLFLUSHOPT,CLWB,PT,SHA,UMIP,PKU,WAITPKG,PKS,MD_CLEAR,IBT,IBRS,IBPB,STIBP,L1DF,SSBD,SENSOR,ARAT,IBRS_ALL,SKIP_L1DFL,MDS_NO,IF_PSCHANGE,TAA_NO,MISC_PKG_CT,ENERGY_FILT,DOITM,SBDR_SSDP_N,FBSDP_NO,PSDP_NO,RRSBA,OVERCLOCK,XSAVEOPT,XSAVEC,XGETBV1,XSAVES
cpu19: 32KB 64b/line 8-way D-cache, 64KB 64b/line 8-way I-cache, 2MB 64b/line
16-way L2 cache, 30MB 64b/line 12-way L3 cache
cpu19: smt 0, core 35, package 0
cpu20 at mainbus0: apid 72 (application processor)
cpu20: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900TE, 3392.18 MHz, 06-97-02, patch
00000025
Timeout, server 10.1.2.3 not responding.

Hi,

I don't know if it's relevant but I have a VPS at openbsd.amsterdam that seems to have similar behaviour.  I can type top, or any command like ps and it will hang a bit before continuing.  There is a mode in SSH to enable keepalives, perhaps play with that?  As per my vps, I have mentioned it to the admin of the vps (Mischa) and he made me some vps's to compare, however I'm leaving that service next month so there is really no need.  I had suspected perhaps a drive failure on the RAID but Mischa had replaced the drive on that server (I think it has 12 cores or something) and it shouldn't be that, but I dunno (shrug).  Do you perhaps use vmm on your 2x cpu machine?

Best Regards,

-pjp

--
Over thirty years experience on UNIX-like Operating Systems starting with QNX.