Hi,

I am trying to disable the touchpad when typing with the keyboard, but I
can't find the documentation about the variables in /etc/wsconsctl.conf.
I'm using a ThinkPad T480 with OpenBSD 7.4, the touchpad works well out
of the box.

/etc/examples/wsconsctl.conf contains a couple of variables with a
comment, but not all.
I 've searched also in wscons(4)[1], wsconsctl(8)[2],
wsconsctl.conf(5)[3] and FAQ 7[4].
In the /sys/dev/wscons/wsconsio.h source file, I found the following,
but I think it's to globally disable the touchpad and not only when
typing.

enum wsmousecfg {
[...]
WSMOUSECFG_DISABLE,   /* disable all output except for
                        clicks in the top-button area */

Below, the information related to my device & configuration.

$ doas wsconsctl | grep 'mouse.'
mouse.type=synaptics
mouse.rawmode=0
mouse.scale=1266,5676,1162,4690,0,45,54
mouse.reverse_scrolling=0
mouse.tp.tapping=1,3,2
mouse.tp.scaling=0.200
mouse.tp.swapsides=0
mouse.tp.disable=0
mouse.tp.edges=0.0,5.0,10.0,5.0
mouse1.type=ps2
mouse1.reverse_scrolling=0

$ dmesg | grep -i 'synaptic'
pms0: Synaptics clickpad, firmware 8.16, 0x1e2b1 0x940300 0x33cc40 0xf016a3
0x12e800
ugen2 at uhub0 port 9 "Synaptics product 0x009a" rev 2.00/1.64 addr 6

Thanks in advance for your time

Anthony

[1]: https://man.openbsd.org/wscons.4
[2]: https://man.openbsd.org/wsconsctl.8