On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 8:52 PM Michael Hekeler <mich...@hekeler.com> wrote:

> But please keep in mind that you have disabled chroot and this is not
> recommended.
> Maybe you want to consider to copy the needed files inside the chroot?
> Or perhaps deploy mailman with something like gunicorn or uwsgi?

Hi Michael,
Thanks a lot for the suggestions and tips.

It's a basic mailing list for few gaming discussions really,
so escaping from chroot was not really that scary, at least in that case.
OpenBSD, even unchrooted, is rock solid! No? :)

After your suggestions, the latest httpd.conf is as follows;

location "/" {
block return 302 "/listinfo"
}

location "/icons/*" {
root "/usr/local/lib/mailman/icons/"
request strip 1
}

location "/pipermail/*" {
root "/var/spool/mailman/archives/public"
request strip 1
}

location "/*" {
fastcgi socket "/var/www/run/slowcgi.sock"
root "/usr/local/lib/mailman/cgi-bin"
}

my httpd.conf is much cleaner and simpler now, thanks to you guys all,
it seems everything is all set now.

Anything else I should pay attention to?

Best,
Mark.