just before i order my 3.9:

this is what i feel sometimes, and i think sometimes more of you do.

people who read misc@ for years might identify the following
(for me disturbing) trend:

twice a year (or maybe more) when it comes to money issues, Theo and
the devs ask for donations, cd purchases. at the same time, people
are every once in a while reminded how "lucky" they are to use what
the devs create solely "for themselves".  this brainwashing is so
effective even some other advocators are using it now, defending
the poor helpless devs.

unfortunately there is no real community around openbsd. at least
i dont see one -- one where there are people without cvs commit.
if you don't have cvs commit, you are a nobody that's what misc@
will teach any newcomer using iron and fire. i try to be part
of a community but the devs say you are nobody and should be glad
that you can use this stuff.

except when it comes to money.  well, well.

then suddenly we ARE a community, we are NEEDED and should feel as one,
so we can join powers and walk off into the setting sun.

it is this hypocracy i hate the most (just as much as Theo does too
-- that is why i love openbsd). if the project needs my money,
i'd like to see a different stance from Theo and the devs and
not the default "go run something else idiot, we don't need you."

because you obviously need my at least twice a year.

you Theo, have the luxury only few have: work full time on what
you like the most.  you don't have to go to meetings and live
the corporate rat's life or some such non-sense.

WE make it possible for YOU Theo to do this.
so don't tell me i am lucky to use openbsd.

having said that, i am going to order 3.9 just as i have been ordering
releases every 6 month since i started making money.

-f
--
vms is a text adventure.  if you win you get to use unix.