On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 6:44 PM Luca Leone <l...@birbi.biz> wrote:

> hi Everybody :)
>
> I successfully installed the mongodb-4.4.2 package on the server which run
> openBSD 7.4. It's the db of a node js app.
> Locally on my Mac, I interact with the local mongo db through the mongo
> shell. I'd like to do the same on the server with the installed mongo db
> BUT there's no "mongo shell" package and I could not find any doc
> explaining how to install the mongo shell on openBSD. Is there a way? Or is
> there an alternative way to interact directly with the db?
>
> Thanks
> Luca

Maybe you have to compile it manually?

openbsd$ pkg_info -Q mongo
mongo-tools-4.3.2
mongodb-3.6.23p2
mongodb-4.4.29
py3-mongo-4.6.3
openbsd$ pkg_info mongo-tools-4.3.2
Information for
https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/mongo-tools-4.3.2.tgz

Comment:
tools for the MongoDB database

Tools for use with MongoDB:

- bsondump: display BSON files in a human-readable format
- mongoimport: Convert data from JSON, TSV or CSV and insert them
    into a collection
- mongoexport: Write an existing collection to CSV or JSON format
- mongodump/mongorestore: Dump MongoDB backups to disk in .BSON format,
    or restore them to a live database
- mongostat: Monitor live MongoDB servers, replica sets, or sharded clusters
- mongofiles: Read, write, delete, or update files in GridFS
- mongotop: Monitor read/write activity on a mongo server
- mongoreplay: Capture, observe, and replay traffic for MongoDB

WWW: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/database-tools/

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,