On Sat, May 04, 2024 at 03:01:54PM -0300, Gustavo Rios wrote:
> I have just installed OpenBSD in my brand new notebook. It is a dell
> notebook that came with just a wifi NIC. How do i discover the name o my
> wifi nic ?

ifconfig with no arguments should list all network interfaces the kernel has
recognized.

There is a catch, though. For wifi interfaces it is likely that the interface
can not be configured until the device's firmware is installed.

If that is the situation, a common workaround is to use some device that
*is* configurable (most USB Ethernet dongles I have encountered Just Work),
configure that, then run fw_update. Once the firmware is in place, the rest
should be straightforward.

Good luck!

- Peter

https://bsdly.blogspot.com/ https://www.bsdly.net/ https://www.nuug.no/