Bernd Schoeller wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 12:43:59PM +0100, Gilles LAMIRAL wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Can I do a
>>
>>dd if=/dev/cdrom of=obsd.iso
>>
>>and redistribute it  ?
>>(the audio track is away)
>>

>http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq3.html#ISO
>
>*sigh*
>
>Bernd

It seems to me quite a dangerous discussion. Why not security updates
for money? SuSE has made a lot of money...
I know you already discussed this, but this feature will make OpenBSD
VERY popular. And please don't send me
your opinion with offending words. If you don't agree, just ignore me.
But I warn you: the outcome will be the same:
binary updates on-the-fly for money. There's no other solution. The
solution with ISO images, FTP etc. already discussed
will restrict the users and they will not be encouraged to step fw to
OpenBSD. I will step back to FreeBSD (or GNU/Linux) if this happens.
If I will be in a commercial environment I would recommend SuSE, RedHat
or Debian. I LOVE OpenBSD, but if such
restrictions referring to FTP appear... Now, let's solve this once and
for all!

George